EVENT TECHNICIAN Brussels
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a leading global events agency with teams in New York, Los Angeles, London, Dublin, Singapore and Hong Kong. Some of the world’s most recognized companies trust them to develop strategies, and design, plan and produce engaging events. Clients span many industries including financial services, aerospace, technology, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, media and the non-profit sector.
In this capacity, the ideal candidate would represent our client’s brand as an implanted team member for a well-known technology company. The Event Technician will be responsible for executing the audio visual technical production for mid-level events requiring support with Audio/Video, staging, lighting and design needs. The role requires strong technical understanding and practical experience operating event production systems, with extensive experience in A/V and technical direction for both corporate events and live experiential events.
For events, the goal is to provide a seamless technology experience to all attendees, press and partners, as well as create a more efficient and reliable technical environment for event staff and vendors. In this role you’ll work with internal teams as well as external clients and vendor partners on a daily basis.
● Operate event production equipment including but not limited to audio desk, lighting desk, vision mixer and PTZ camera controller
● Provide feedback to Senior Event Technician on event production equipment usage and efficiency including but not limited to audio desk, lighting desk, vision mixer and PTZ camera controller
● Liaise with and advise client teams and stakeholders on event coordination
● Work with clients/stakeholders who might not be technically minded in pre-production to explain capabilities of the space and direct on best practice to ensure the event is a success
● Actively liaise with the event production team to provide feedback and suggestions on possible enhancements and improvements to the space
● Identify to Senior Event Technician new and alternative ways of approaching our client’s technical production offering to their clients
● Coordinate vendors and freelancers when applicable
● Manage client expectations on production challenges, proactively providing solutions
● Oversee and coordinate building of staging and A/V set up on-site as required
● Work closely with customers to design and establish A/V and staging layouts as well as budgets for events
● Review and confirm final labor costs in event production with internal team
● Perform day-to-day housekeeping and maintenance of a hi-tech conference venue
● Provide full event production support either independently or as part of a team, depending on the scale of the event
● Basic editing of video footage to provide clients with recordings of their event
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
● 3+ years’ experience within the technical event production/broadcast environment
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
● Full understanding of audio visual technology and advancements including lighting, audio/video output, rigging and power
● Experience working with the following equipment/tools is advantageous: Yamaha CL series desks; Final Cut ProX; Keynote; Google G-Suite; ETC Ion lighting desk; Crestron Control systems, ROSS Carbonite desks, Panasonic PTZ camera controllers, Dante Controller, Shure Wireless Workbench, PlaybackPro, and Clear-Com systems, WATCHOUT, Meyer Galileo, and LED walls.
● Proficient in the technical delivery of high-quality events
● Video output experience with strong technical understanding of systems
● Experience operating event production systems
● Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must to build and maintain relationships
● Ability to prioritize while adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
● Experience managing day-to-day changes at every level of detail
● Ability to manage many projects at once with varying levels of production
● Knowledge of PTZ cameras and controllers
● Knowledge of broadcasting (especially streaming to the internet)