Production Manager technical live events
Our client is a creative technical production company based in West London. They deliver a tailor-made service of lighting, sound, video, staging and set design for events in London’s most unique venues and beyond.
They are a friendly and sociable team with a professional and attentive approach towards their clients and venues.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful high-end production company to work on a huge range of exciting and creative projects in London’s most prestigious and beautiful venues. The company believes strongly in personal development and training, and the successful candidate will be supported and mentored to enable progression within the company.
Our client is currently looking for a production manager who has a comprehensive knowledge and genuine interest in lighting, sound, AV and staging technology to join their operations team. The post holder will work closely with the senior production managers, creative director and sales team to meet the needs of their clients and accredited venues ensuring that they deliver excellence for every project.
The key duties:
- Writing Kitlists and preparing CAD plans for lighting, sound and scenic
- Working with heads of departments (Sound, Video, Scenic) to tie all event elements together.
- Managing/briefing crew and communicating with venue during installations/derigs
- Working with the sales team to cost up events during the quoting process.
- Producing layout plans to send to clients/venues/site crew and catering.
- Working with suppliers and inhouse carpentry department to design/cost and implement bespoke elements.
- Attending site meeting with the Sales team to gather operational information, meet the client and other suppliers
- Communicating with operations coordinator in regard to crew levels, timings and transport.
- Attending weekly operations meeting with completed kitlists / plans.
- Sub hiring extra equipment, writing and sending PO.
- Managing the access, banksman, loading and unloading of vehicles onsite.
- Maintaining and overseeing a high level of H&S and good working practice.
We are looking for candidates with at least three years’ experience in the event lighting/sound industry or other relevant production work. With experience of briefing and managing onsite crew for installations and derigs. Essential, is knowledge and experience of professional lighting / sound systems. Along with a good working knowledge of other aspects of event production such as rigging and staging. Candidates must have very good computer skills. Plus, intermediate level experience in design experience using CAD software for both technical and layout.
Our client is offering:
- An industry competitive salary plus generous overtime for out-of-hours and on-site work. – Average of around 8K on top of basic salary.
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Additional annual leave linked to length of service.
- Development and training opportunities to enable progression within the company.
- Contributory pension scheme.
If you are looking for a new opportunity in the exciting world of live events and live in the West London area with the specified skills and experience, then contact us now. Lets’ talk!