Talent Room takes the privacy of our clients and candidates seriously and we acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours will be handled in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (2018) which come into force on 25th May 2018. We are a recruitment company, operating in the technical and engineering market sectors. The data controller for Talent Room is Jane Dove Managing Director.
How your information may be received
Talent Room may receive your personal data via a number of ways:
- When you apply directly for an advertised role via our website.
- When you apply directly to be a candidate for whom we can facilitate a job search.
- Via a third party when you respond to a job post placed by Talent Room on a job board on behalf of a third-party client.
- Via a third-party job board when you have submitted your cv to their data base with the intention of seeking new job opportunities.
The information about you we may collect, hold and process in our endeavours to find you a suitable role:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email addresses
- Your mobile and home phone number
- Your cv/ work history
- Your job-related preferences such as salary level, geographical location, type of work sought
- Other work-related information such as education and professional training.
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of right to work in the UK Visa
- Date of birth
- National Insurance Number
- Work related References
- Outcome of Disclosure Barring Service and security checks for certain roles
- A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
How we use this information
The above information is used to provide our service to you as a recruitment agent to help find you suitable permanent or direct contract opportunities. We NEVER pass your personal details or cv to a third party without your express permission and consent. We always discuss potential opportunities with you to ensure the role is of genuine interest to you. Only then we will submit your details to a client.
Your information may be used as follows:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies that most suit your requirements
- To establish your right to work in the UK.
- To undertake relevant criminal record and security checks as required by our clients as permitted by law.
- To submit your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for their roles (with your express consent).
- To place you with our clients and prospective employers.
- To keep you informed of suitable job opportunities as they arise.
- To keep you informed of our services.
- How we store your information
Only employees of Talent Room have access to the personal information stored in your record.
In the unlikely event of a data breach, we will provide you with information surrounding the exposure within 72 hours of being notified and take all action necessary to restore the security of your personal data.
Gaining your consent
When you register with Talent Room either by applying for advertised roles or contacting us via social media or face to face at seminars or conferences you MUST consent to us collecting and storing your personal information. You will not be able to submit your enquiry or details to Talent Room without consenting to us storing your personal data. We will ask you to sign a consent document giving Talent Room your permission. We are unable to process your application without receipt of consent to process and store your personal information.
During telephone conversations and face-to-face interviews, we may collect personal information with regard to employment preferences, strengths, and work experience which may be stored on your personal record. This information facilitates our ability to support your job search and to provide a basis for recommendation when short-listing candidates for a particular role. By explicitly providing consent when you register with Talent Room you are providing permission for our storage of this information.
Due to the nature of recruitment, many candidates reconnect with us periodically. It is not uncommon for this to occur years after we have placed them in a role. For this reason, your consent includes explicit consent to retain your personal details for 2 years or until such time as you wish us to delete your records from our database or refrain from further engagement.
Once Talent Room has placed a candidate with a client in a role, we are required to retain evidence of the placement for accounting and client records. However, we will take steps to retain minimal personal data and we will not make further contact with the candidate other than the usual follow-up procedure once a placement is made.
Disclosure of your information
Your cv and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers (our clients). Our clients will: Usually be located in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) but may be located outside of the EEA. In this instance, we will provide you further information concerning this. We will also ensure that any country or territory outside of the EEA ensures adequate levels of protection and appropriate safeguards in place for your rights and freedoms.
Changes to your data
In the event your information changes, for example, you move to a new house, change phone numbers move jobs, or are promoted please inform us as soon as possible and we will update your records accordingly within 7 days of your notification. For any changes to your personal information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Gaining access to your data
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold for you. Once we have verified your identity we will provide the information you requested within 30 days. If you would like to make a request, please contact email@example.com. We will not release personal information to a third party.
Withdrawal of consent
In the event you wish to be erased from our recruitment database please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and please make it clear you wish your data to be erased rather than simply marked as no longer job seeking. Upon receipt of the request to erase your information Talent Room will ensure your personal record is erased within 30 days. You will be sent an email confirming this has been done.
If you have concerns about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please contact us in the first instance email@example.com or directly to the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Changes to this Policy